Scientific and technological advances in recent decades have greatly improved our capacity to predict and protect ourselves from many natural and manmade disasters. However, we remain quite vulnerable both to natural elements and to unpredictability created through crime, wars and global terrorism. This dimension seeks to address ways to create a safer future for all.
- How do we approach the task of raising our children in the digital age? What risks and opportunities does a digital future present for our children and their children?
- How can we harness technology more fully to create a safer world?
- What steps can traditional adversaries like Pakistan and India take towards a safer region?
- Should hegemonic superpowers like the United States play a role towards the promotion of a safer world?
- Should steps be taken to reduce the weaponisation of our respective societies?
- Is a disarmed world a safer world?